PTI April 2015 Blog Hop - Plant a Seed


 It's planting season at my house. We received over 2" of rain yesterday so everything is so pretty today. Plants literally grew overnight. So it seems only fitting that PTI would grow at my house as well.


Did you order the pint size containers? They are sooooo cute. The challenge for this month's PTI blog hop is Navy paired with shades of pink! You can see the inspiration photo and see what everyone else made here.

I followed the lead of several of the PTI design team and painted my pencils with acrylic paint. It was easy and dried quickly so I could keep working.

Erin Lincoln also answered my SOS on the forum for adhering the paper wrap to the pint container. It works so WELL!

She said, "I have a nifty way to do that! I put double sided tape along the two side edges. Nothing on the top/bottom edges at all. And I leave a bit of an overhang of adhesive off the bottom of the die cut. Without removing the tape backing, I put the die cut in place against the container. Because no adhesive is exposed, you can move it around a bit to get perfect placement. When you have it where you want it and holding your die cut against the container to keep it in place, you peel the backing paper off your double sided tape at the overhang and pull it down and off. (Reminds me a bit of when magicians pull a tablecloth out from underneath dishes and the dishes stay on the table.) Do it to the other side. And then trim the overhang."


Happy Hopping everyone! Enjoy your weekend. ~Rhonda







Plant a Seed Pencil Pot
stamps: PTI - Garden Variety, Fillable Frames #9
paper: PTI - Shimmer (pink), Enchanted Evening pattern paper pack, Limeade Ice, Simply Chartreuse, Raspberry Fizz, and vellum
ink: PTI - Raspberry Fizz
other: PTI - Raspberry Fizz felt, Pencil Blooms die, Pint Size Wrap die, Fillable Frames #9, Leave it Be dies; #2 pencils, stash - green tissue paper, Americana White acrylic paint

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful I love your bouquet!! ps I am your newest follower Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pencil bouquet is adorable! So pretty and lovely in the pinks and green, Rhonda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome spin on the photo! I just love your pencil bouquet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful gift this will make Rhonda, and this is such a great take on the inspiration photo.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable garden you planted. This is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has to be the sweetest Blog Hop project of them all! It's just so sunny and perfect, right down to the painted pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, this is the sweetest thing ever! I just love your little bouquet of pencils!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did not order those pint containers but it appears like i should have - this is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your arrangement. Now I'm sorry I didn't order those containers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A refreshing take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I LOVE your pencil bouquet. Such a fun project, Rhonda! This would make a lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH, Rhonda, this is SO adorably SWEET!

    ReplyDelete

I love your feedback!! Thanks for stopping by.

Powered by Blogger.

Keep In Touch

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
Life is full of interesting pieces. I am grateful that I can combine my love of stamping, organization, and DIY projects.

BeStill52

KIM KLASSEN dot COM

Followers

Grab My Button

Mojo Monday Blinkie