Happy Birthday 2 You


 

This is the final sketch of April for the Viva la Verve challenge. You have until today (May 2nd) to complete ALL the sketches. I actually made 2 cards. The first one follows the sketch pretty closely. I took some creative liberties with the second card.


This large sentiment is great embossed. Without the embossing it looked a little flat. I used the Watercolor Wonder stamps with clear embossing to add interest to the impression plate numbers. 


I wanted to try something different for the top of the card instead of a banner. The starry die was perfect. I backed the pattern paper with vintage cream to lighten it up. I think this created a great masculine card. This is my favorite of the two. I used the starry die here too.



As a side note, can you believe it is already May??? Might as well start my Christmas list as fast as the year is going. People are seeing snow today. Crazy May ~ Rhonda

 

Happy Birthday 2 you card #1
sketch: Viva la Verve April Week 5
stamps: MFT - Birthday Sentiments; PTI - Watercolor Wonders
paper: Basic Grey - Life of the Party; PTI - Kraft, Blueberry,
ink: Versamark
other: PTI LL 2 1/12" circles, By the Numbers Impression Plate; MFT - Fishtail Flag Stax, Blueprint One dies; Zing embossing powder - Chestnut and clear

 

Happy Birthday 2 you card #2
sketch: Viva la Verve April Week 5
stamps: MFT - Birthday Sentiments
paper: Basic Grey - Life of the Party; PTI - Kraft, Vintage Cream;
ink: Versamark
other: PTI LL 2 1/12" circles, Aida Impression Plate; MFT - Fishtail Flag Stax, Blueprint One dies; Zing embossing powder - Chestnut

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful assortment of cards Rhonda! Love how you embossed the sentiment! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I love your feedback!! Thanks for stopping by.

Powered by Blogger.

Keep In Touch

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
Life is full of interesting pieces. I am grateful that I can combine my love of stamping, organization, and DIY projects.

BeStill52

KIM KLASSEN dot COM

Followers

Grab My Button

Blog Archive

Mojo Monday Blinkie