A chimney in the garden?


. . .well, at least part of the chimney made it do the garden. When we remodeled our home last year we took out a fireplace. We held onto the metal cylinders and finally we re-purposed them for the garden as planters.

My hubby used a reciprocating saw to cut them to the height I wanted. A couple of coats of spray paint in bright, spring colors was the next step. We buried them several inches into the ground and filled them with potting soil. They provide an unexpected height and color punch to the flower beds.


I planted succulents, flowers, and flowing grasses. They really look great. Your local hardware store should carry different sizes of ducts so you can do this project too. Let me know how yours turn out. ~Rhonda

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback!! Thanks for stopping by.

Powered by Blogger.

Keep In Touch

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
Life is full of interesting pieces. I am grateful that I can combine my love of stamping, organization, and DIY projects.

BeStill52

KIM KLASSEN dot COM

Followers

Grab My Button

Blog Archive

Mojo Monday Blinkie